Wednesday, April 15, 2015

8 Months of Keto

So I forgot about this blog...most of the time, sometimes it was laziness. Overall I've been staying on the keto train and it has been delicious to the point carbs just don't taste very good anymore. Eating food with buns or sandwiches with bread is satisfying for about one bite before I just want to taste the delicious cheeses and meats and veggies just beneath that surface.

The hardest part has actually been getting over the cult mentality that comes with it. Seeing people eat bread and knowing that life feels better without it is very difficult, especially when you love those people, but slowly I'm calming down with some chill pills and bacon and mental exercises that involve remembering they have free will. The annoyance tends to come from people wanting to start, getting tips from you and then bitching for a while about how they miss bread and then giving up. Don't give me all that hope! *end of rant*

Mostly I've been eating food from alldayidreamaboutfood and ibreatheimhungry, or just nomming on random nuts, meats and cheeses in their cold forms or heat them up in a skillet with butter and a shot of bacon grease on the side.

There's quite a few options for sweets with erythitrol and stevia, but once consumed they take over my thoughts for the day until I can eat them again. Ultimate cravings so I'm trying to avoid them more and more, but they call to me all the time still and I still have plenty of hours on my call card/a bag of ten dollar sweetener in the cabinet. I have been halving the amount required in the recipe though and things tasted a bit off at first but overall you can taste deeper flavors once used to it and don't want to eat the whole recipe as badly. Also, eating fatty food before having the sweets helps. Starting with sweets on an empty stomach makes it even harder to stop and then the idea of cooking and waiting to eat other foods becomes groan worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment