Monday, May 5, 2014

Caffeine Losing it's Jitter



For the first time in my life I had coffee, a grande one even, without feeling jittery and unhappy thirty minutes later. You might wonder why I ever drink coffee if it causes this, well it tastes good and gives me a burst of concentration and energy, and after the jitters die off I feel a bit more liberated and excited by life; it’s just the in between that I want to melt away.


Apparently fats have a delicious melting point for caffeine that just makes it all come together as one. It might be time to get a coffee maker. I’ve had a tea pot for so long that I didn’t want to make it jealous with a coffee maker nearby. Those Keurig devices seem perfect, but they’re expensive enough I might just go with a Wal Mart style caffeine addiction or buy Starbucks every day like a normal person.

Allergies were my bane today, they even kept me exhausted for hours. In happier news I made kale chips and it was super easy. You simply get a pan (a baking one not peter) and either coat it with foil or leave it bare, I used foil. Then you get a bowl of oil out and dip kale into it (in chip size pieces) then lay it on the sheet, sprinkle some salt on it and throw it in the oven for ten minutes at 350 degrees. Let the chips cool for at least ten minutes before eating them. The trick here is that kale chips are pretty green still when they’re done, once they start to brown they’re overcooked, so watch them around the seven minutes mark. Other than that I had an apple pork sausage and one and a half eggs with a handful of spinach.

No comments:

Post a Comment