Tuesday, April 8, 2014



I read that you’re supposed to have a lot of dark leafy greens on this diet and apparently eat salt or drink vegetable broth since you need to keep your electrolytes up, it can help with the fatigue….wish I had known this sooner, but you should check out the website I learned this from as there’s a lot of good information, http://www.ruled.me/. He (website creator/cookbook maker) has a cookbook out, which you can find on his website, with a 30 day keto diet plan in it. I plan to do this once I can afford it. They look like amazing recipes but require ingredients I just don’t have yet.


Today I had a lot of spinach with ranch and even broccoli, (my least favorite vegetable until I was told to think of them as little trees), and ate salt. There was still a random weak spell around one but overall I felt better and more clear headed.


For dinner we had gourmet meatballs from Sprouts (no bread crumbs) with spinach and a slice of aged white cheddar cheese. I baked them with olive oil and the texture/juiciness was excellent. We had just worked out so Brennan was still hungry after (we just started, I lost a lot of energy near the end and when we got back nearly fell to the floor. I did yoga after to try and stretch away the wooziness but it was pretty hard to hold stretches and it made me slightly nauseous. Overall the feeling of working out on fat energy didn’t feel too different from carb energy, but I did get two and a half miles in and it was the first time.

tldr; ate spinach/salt and had some more energy and mental clarity

No comments:

Post a Comment