Thursday, April 10, 2014

Keto Weakness

I had a headache in the morning but it was abated by water. I’m drinking more and more water every day but also getting more thirsty every day. Either eating this way makes you thirsty or my body is getting used to water and loving it so much it wants more. The second is probably the answer.


Other than the awesome dinner I just had handfuls of spinach, a yogurt and some ham with cheese and almond wrapped inside it for the beginning of the day eating. Oddly enough I felt weak often today, to the point of wanting to just lay down, it was really disappointing considering it felt like I was getting better and wouldn’t have to deal with it anymore since discovering the leafy greens and salt. Le sad face.


A decision was made to add some flavor and variety to what was becoming a really boring diet, (and to get my boyfriend more excited and less sad faced over this new food path). I made mashed cauliflower and beet and chicken soup. The soup was far more tedious work than imagined as beets are bitches to cut up. The recipe artist suggests getting small soft ones but I only read that after I had already bought three pretty large ones, they also stain your hands red. The mashed cauliflower was really easy to make and pretty delicious but needed more pepper than originally given.
Honestly, mashed cauliflower is smoother and has a better consistent texture to it than potatoes. You know how you reheat mashed potatoes and there’s always that cold bit to it? Or they are perfect heat and in five minutes it’s a cold plate of hard lost love? Cauliflower doesn’t do this, it’s just soothing and loves to be eaten.

tldr; felt really weak a lot of the day

No comments:

Post a Comment