Friday, April 4, 2014

The thing I haven’t mentioned, up to this point, is that I’m getting my boyfriend, Brennan, to go on this adventure with me (I’ll be the flame princess since I have red hair and he can be Jake with his blonde hair). It’s a bit harder for him since he isn’t a health freak and has been eating far too much fast food ever since I’ve known him, and far before that. To get this diet started for him we attempted Dr. Oz's Two-Week Rapid Weight-Loss Plan and from it I kept the warm lemon water and fruit smoothie. The smoothie has helped him because it tends to fill you up for a while and tastes pretty good. If you try it make sure to put in the powder and flax seeds in at the end so they don’t get stuck in the blender (recipe is found through the link).


So today I had the smoothie, eggs with cheese, onion and bacon, then tried gluten free macaroni and cheese. It turns out that means rice noodles. So I get this all boiling like normal macaroni, and it looks normal until I pour it into the strainer. The noodles just deflated, basically went flat, and they stuck to the pan. I was disappointed with the initial visual but was hungry and willing to eat anything at that point, and they were the most edible thing in vicinity. The taste really wasn’t bad, almost delicious, but I began to feel sick halfway through and stopped eating them for a bit. After about ten minutes of sitting out they were cold and stuck together, so I tried to reheat them. Don’t reheat rice noodles...in fact just avoid rice noodles if you can.


I had a lot of moments throughout the day where I just felt weak and wanted to go to sleep, there were even a few blood rushes (where you get dizzy from standing up too fast and even see black squares sometimes, the are briefly overcome with an I want to faint right now feeling). Overall I’m not too excited by this diet right now.

tldr; blech food and blech feelings

No comments:

Post a Comment