Sunday, April 6, 2014

So I’m a tea drinker, as in I know how to steep it and the right temperature and proper amount of time as well as care about the tea leaves being loose and fancy free. Because of this I have a lot of tea and drink a pot of it at a time. Usually this can make me feel a bit weak from caffeine overload until I drink enough water (apparently you should have three cups of water for every cup of caffeine). Today I just had the tea...bad idea. To absorb the tea weakness food wise (takes a bit for the water to reach me) I usually eat fries or whatever it is I used to just grab (I’m forgetting more and more what I ate before keto even though it wasn't that long ago), and for some reason fats did not have the exact same effect. Instead of the usual instant happiness I got from the carbs, I just felt nauseous from the fats and caffeine in my body. I sat down for at least thirty minutes but still felt gross when I stood up and it lasted a few hours. To guess it was probably due the body changes of fats plus the water and caffeine all at once, body overload.


For eating today there was eggs/bacon for breakfast, turkey and cheese wrap for lunch and stuffed crab with edamame and a quinoa salad on the side at dinnertime. I was hungry a lot today but didn’t want to overeat in case my body is just adjusting to the new ways and overeating might get me sick. On keto you're also supposed to eat until you're full and not over it, 80% full is the actual phrasing for it but who has a body calculator for percentage of fullness?


tldr; nauseous from fat and tea overload

No comments:

Post a Comment